The first step to knowing what you really want out of life is to ask yourself the right questions. By asking the right questions, you will find answers that you may not have known were there. In all honesty, finding out what’s really going on in our heart and minds is no easy task. It requires patience and time, but it can be done.
So what qualifies as the right question? The right question is any question that will get you thinking in a direction that you may not have thought before. It’s a question that speaks to the deepest part of your desires in life. The right questions will always get you closer to some type of truth about yourself.
There are many sources in the self help world that can provide anyone with instructions on how to ask themselves important questions. These sources are also helpful in guiding you to the next step after you have learned what you really want in life. To get you started, I have compiled a list of questions that may put you on the right path.
- If you knew you could not fail. What would you do?
- If I gave you 10 Billion dollars, what would you do tomorrow?
- What amount of money is enough to make you comfortable?
- What would you spend it on?
- Is that really necessary for you to be happy?
- What amount really makes sense?
4. What 5 things are most important to you in life?
5. What 5 things can’t you live without?
6. What do you want to be remembered by?
7. What do you want to do or accomplish before you leave this earth?
8. What are you most afraid of in life?
By honestly answering these questions for yourself, you will have a framework of information to help determine what makes you happy as well as what you want out of life.